After 20 years of developing Photoshop, you might think the people at Adobe would have run out of ideas but the new version of Photoshop looks packed with new features.
Some of these will mean different things depending on what type of user you are but there seems to be something for everyone. As web designers we don’t always use all of the features but here are some that are of particular interest to us.
- New type tools, paragraph and character styles – Looks similar to Indesign, very useful
- Searchable layers – We have been waiting years for this to be added, such a simple one but will be soooo useful especially to Web Designers.
- Improved control over Vector layers like strokes and knock outs – Not quite going to kill off Illustrator yet but looks very useful
- Enhanced blur options – This just looks cool
- New dark interface – We like the look of the dark interface, not only is it less harsh on the eyes than white / grey it also gives more focus to your design
You can download the beta version of Photoshop CS6 on the link below for free (just under 1GB). You’ll need to register with an Adobe ID first to use the software.